What We Believe
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. — John 17:3
- God is One: Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit.
- God is bigger and better and closer than we can imagine.
- Jesus saves by grace through faith.
- Through the Holy Spirit, God lives in us now.
- Nothing in creation “just happened.” God made it all.
- The Bible is God’s authoritative Word.
- Grace is how we have a relationship with God.
- Faith is how we grow in our relationship with God.
- Evil exists, but God is greater and can bring good out of bad events.
- God brought victory over evil through Jesus’ death and resurrection.
- Through faith in Jesus, death is a new beginning, not the end.
- The church is to serve people like Jesus served people.
- Jesus is coming again, though no one knows when!
See also, "Presbyterian Mission: What We Believe"