Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, we commit ourselves: to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study, to support the mission of the church worldwide, to work for justice and peace, and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s Kingdom.
The Presbyterian Women (PW) at Covenant support the mission of Covenant: Knowing Christ and Making Christ Known. All women of Covenant are encouraged to participate in PW activities.
Monthly Meetings and Activities
Council Meeting: Quarterly
Circle of Hope: Second Tuesday, 10:00 am
Circle of Faith: Second Monday, 7:00 p.m.
Dorcas Sewing Ministry: First and Third Tuesday, 9:00 am
Visitation: Tuesday, 4:00 pm
These are just some of the many ways in which we serve our neighbors and community:
- Prepare and serve meals for families who lost a loved one
- Weekly visitation of Covenant members who are sick or shut-ins
- Sew bibs, burp pads, blankets and wheelchair caddies which are donated to Phoebe
- Fill stockings for the Salvation Army
- Christmas and Senior Graduation Dinners
- Yard Sale that provides nice items at a low price for members of the community
- Collection of gifts for the Presbyterian Home in Quitman